Randy Jones Foundation
Youth Athletic Scholarships Program
Scholarships offer children of service members and veterans financial assistance to participate in athletic programs they could not otherwise afford. These renewable scholarships are awarded on the basis of athletic potential, academic record, potential to succeed and commitment to academic excellence.
Who is eligible?
Dependent children of San Diego based active duty, injured or retired Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Reserves or National Guard
All kids ages 12-18 years old
Participation in Youth Athletic Program
Commitment to Academic Excellence - Minimum GPA 3.0
How much is the award?
The amount of the award is dependent on the cost of athletic participation up to $5,000 annually. Awards may be renewed up to age 18 or graduation from high school.
How do I apply?
Apply online and submit documentation at www.randyjonesfoundation.com
What is the application process?
Submit application and supporting documentation online.
The scholarship finalists will be determined by a scholarship selection panel.
Randy Jones will personally interview final candidates. All awards are based on the availability of funds.
What are requirements for renewing the award?
Recipients must remain eligible and submit a completed renewal form online.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Veterans: Copy of DD214
- Active: Branch of Service with Unit, Direct Supervisor’s Name and Contact Info and Letter of Recommendation
- Sports Program Brochure or Registration Form
- Letter of Recommendation from Child’s Coach
- Brief Description from service member on his/her experience while serving and how this will impact their child’s life
- Brief description from the child on his or her dedication to academic excellence, their primary sport, and how this will impact their life.
Serving in the Military should not prevent your children from having the same opportunities to join sporting leagues, attend sporting camps or being involved in costly advanced programs as other children.
While Randy Jones and his Foundation continue their work with the kids from military families here in San Diego (Padre games, fishing trips, and golf outings) they will also be launching the Randy Jones Scholarship Program for kids ages 12 to 18.
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who will meet specific qualifications. They must 1st show the desire to advance their talents to a higher level but are limited due to financial reasons.
Requirements start with the following:
- Age - 12 to 18 for the calendar year of the Scholarship.
- One parent must be active, reserve, retired, injured or deceased. (All Branches)
- Must have primary residence or duty station in San Diego County
- Shows a desire to achieve academic excellence (3.0 or higher)
- Performs at an exceptional level for his/her sport (provide coaches letter)
Scholarships are awarded to enable kids to reach their full potential. A child shouldn't be limited from advancing because their parent serves/served in the military.
All applications will be reviewed by the advisory board and then final decisions will be made with a personal interview by Randy Jones himself.
Scholarships are awarded annually and are limited to the funds available as of Jan 1st of each year.